Monday, March 30, 2009

A Thesis Statement

So this is my first post to this blog. Blogging is something I tried before - and failed miserably. But, I'm going to do it this time. I even downloaded a cute (?) background to encourage me to take this seriously! We'll see...

One of the problems I've had with blogging is that I wasn't exactly sure what to write about. I wrote about my kids. I wrote aboute everyday happenings. I wrote about my thoughts. It all seemed boring and pointless.

In my 6th grade English class, my teacher Mrs. Harrington taught us that we should always start our writings with a THESIS STATEMENT. And so I'm going to fall back on that lesson now. Hopefully it will help me feel like this whole blogging business has a point and a focus. We'll see.

And my thesis is.......(drumroll, please)

Family is the greatest blessing.

And now I have this whole blog to figure out why :)

2 comments:

Andrea Forsyth said...

i like it.

Meghan said...

Emily, I just read your blog. I love your writing and I love your funny kids and I love you and I'm glad you've decided to blog, and I'm glad I've decided to blog stalk you. Thanks for reading my run-on sentence.