Friday, June 5, 2009

I am beginning to notice that my 3 items of gratitude tend to center on my family. Today, I am grateful for my kids:

1. Andrea lately has become Super Child. She walks around the house saying things like, "What can I do to help you, Mom?" Or, "I just made my bed and cleaned my room and set out my pajamas for tonight" (and her jammies will be laid out perfectly on her perfectly made bed).

Or, "Can I sweep the kitchen floor?" "Can I vacuum the living room for you?" "I'll put away my laundry!" "I'll help you clean up the basement, Natalie."

And then she does all these things. I am amazed, and I'm loving all this extra help.

2. Natalie has also been suspiciously helpful the last few days. "Let's clean up the basement before we play the driving game (Mario Kart Wii)." Or, "Look Mommy! I made my bed!" But I am especially grateful because Natalie helps me to feel like maybe I'm not failing as a parent after all:

She tells me that when she grows up, she wants to be a mommy.

She can tell me that it was King Benjamin who said, "...neither will ye suffer that [your children] transgress the laws of God, and fight and quarrel with one another, and serve the devil..." (Mosiah 4:14). This is the first time she has ever let on that she has been paying attention to scripture time.

She tells me at least once a day that she loves me without being prompted.

Natalie playing with play dough in her jammies and dress-up, with 102 degree fever

3. Ethan is such a boy; he does such manly things that crack me up:

  • He 'pounds some fist.' This was really cute until he started pounding faces and arms as well.
  • He turns anything and everything into a gun/sword/fighting thing, complete with sound effects. I have no idea where he got the idea to do this.
  • He crushes his empty yogurt containers like beer cans

    A few pictures from our Memorial Day T-ball Tournament:

"Go?"



1 comment:

Seable Family said...

Emily your kids are so cute! That is so awesome that your girls love to help around the house. My boys right now are very destructive, especially Austin. I hope he grows out of it soon.

Are you coming to Idaho again this summer? It was so fun getting to see you and your kiddos last summer.