Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Funny things

Here is an old entry I made a month ago but never posted. I thought I might as well publish it as not. It's mainly for grandparental enjoyment.

1. On the way to Red Robin the other night, Andrea requested to hear a particular song by Weezer. I know I'm a bad mom for letting my kids listen to any Weezer at all, but that's another discussion for another time. Anyway, she wanted to hear a song that she thought sounded like HSM3*, and because the song was a little raucous, I told her no (I do have some standards).

And when she asked, "Why?", Natalie promptly gave her this reply:

"Be-tuz it is too far away and be-tuz it tosts money."

Hmmm. Maybe I use those excuses too frequently.

*HSM3: For all you lame-o's out there who don't know, this refers to High School Musical 3

2. While we were at Red Robin, Andrea spotted an EXIT sign. She was excited about that and pointed it out to everyone at the table. After we sufficiently ooooh-ed and ahhhh-ed over her amazing discovery of the exit sign, I told her that it was pretty impressive that she was able to find that exit sign amid all the lights, balloons, and carousel horses that decorated the restaurant. To which she exclaimed, "I know. I have really goooooood-lookin' eyes!"

No comments: