Friday, April 24, 2009

First, the bad news.

The Bad News:
Ethan has pink eye and a cold. Which means I had to take him to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor.

The Good News:
I called the doctor's office yesterday at 4:12 pm, and by 4:30 pm, we were sitting face to face with my favorite pediatrician. She prescribed Vigamox, which unluckily is $25 for a teeny tiny bottle, but which we luckily have a year's supply of (due to the fact that Ethan has probably had pink eye for about 33% of his little life). Also good is that his pink eye never travels far. At least, the rest of the family has never gotten it from him (knock on wood).

My sick little guy with his Bah-doo (sippy cup) and his Shhh (blankie).

The Bad News:
Natalie tripped on the sidewalk and scraped her knee, her elbow, her hand, her cheek, and her foot. This while we getting in the car to go to preschool. And there was "a bleeding," which is always a tragedy.

The Good News:
I have discovered something called Dermaplast, a.k.a. Magic in a Pressurized Spray Bottle. As Natalie sat, screaming on the front steps of our house for all the neighbors to enjoy, I dashed upstairs, grabbed that little bottle of magic, and sprayed a liberal amount onto her "bleeding" knee, elbow, and foot. Instantly, the tears vanished, laughter ensued, and a good time was had by all. Of course, the requisite Hello Kitty bandaids were applied, but this should go without saying.

Natalie, proudly sporting a nice little scrape on her cheek

Disclaimer: You should exercise caution when using Dermaplast. While applying it to Natalie, I somehow managed to inhale some of the residual fumes. My mouth was numb for an hour.

The Bad News:
Today I'm going in for oral surgery. Anders' co-worker recently had the same thing done, and she was out for two weeks. I'm a nervous wreck.

The Good News:
I suppose it would have been good because I get to eat all the Jello I can handle. But I don't really like Jello. I guess the jury is still out on this one.

3 comments:

Jonathan Forsyth said...

other options: pudding? ice cream? really soft chocolate costco cake? popsicles?

also, not to one-up you, but my allergy eye drops i had to buy last year were $89. tiny little bottle. the $14 bottle didn't work so we had to go more expensive. and now it's allergy season again and i think i might run out.

good luck today!

Emily said...

Of course! Costco chocolate cake is one of my favorite things! This is definitely worthy of the Good News section. Thanks! :)

Rachel said...

Emily! How have I not seen your blog until now? It's wonderful- I love all your posts and what a creative writer you are! Your children are beautiful- and you look fabulous, just like I remembered you:) So now that I can peek at your life, have I sent you an invite to my blog? Just email me if I haven't... and I will. Looks like you are doing so well. It will be fun to check in every now and then!