Saturday, April 4, 2009

It isn't always so easy

So I'm going to have to dig deep to find 3 positive experiences for today. It wasn't a bad day; it was just one of those days when everything was a struggle. It may have something to do with the fact that Anders and I stayed up until 12:30 the night before watching Harry Potter. We're too old to be up that late. This morning I woke up to no husband, an inconsolable 1 year old, and 2 very hungry little girls. And a splitting headache.

But it wasn't all bad...let's see...three good things...hmmmm...

1. What I heard of General Conference was amazing. I often like to go into conference weekend a little more spiritually prepared than I was this weekend. And so I was kind of nervous I wouldn't get much out of it today, especially with 3 rambunctious kiddos running wild. But last night I did offer a quick pray for guidance on the issue of preparedness. And who remembers what the first talk was about?! Elder Hales spoke on provident living. It was the very first address, which means my kids were still relatively tame and I actually got to hear it :)

2. I am currently enjoying an evening to myself. The kids are asleep, Anders is at the Priesthood meeting, and I am enjoying a very quiet, relatively clean house.

3. My kids crack me up. Especially Ethan. And Natalie. And Andrea. Okay, so they are all equally hilarious. They all love dressing up. Natalie enjoys wearing "beautiful dresses," and will dance around in less-than-modest get-ups. Tonight Andrea and Natalie were both dancing while Andrea sang a song at the top of her lungs. (The song is an Andrea Original. It goes like this: "We can be happy, Every Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!" The melody...varies.)

Notice Natalie's "dress" - It is actually a twirly skirt that she wears on her shoulder like a toga.

And then there is Ethan. He loves to wear his jacket around the house. All day. He thinks he is cool stuff when he wears his jacket.

He also thinks that he wants to wear what the girls are wearing, and literally begged me to put him in a Cinderella dress, and later, some sparkly butterfly underwear. I don't know how, but after a few minutes of wearing these things, it was like he knew. He just knew that little boys aren't meant to be beautiful princesses and wear things that sparkle. Hence the tears and screaming.

Luckily, my husband doesn't read this blog. Neither has he seen these pictures. It's probably best this way. (shhhhh....)

2 comments:

Andrea Forsyth said...

those pictures of ethan are awesome. i especially love the underwear one. amazing.

AnJilleen said...

Love the blog, now I can peek into your life :-) Go Ethan on the dress up. So cute!