Thursday, April 9, 2009

*Yawn* This one's pretty boring

Three great things that happened/will happen today:

1. Elizabeth Jansen (aka-my hero) watched all three of my children for me this morning, and in that 2 1/2 hours, I finished my lesson. It is done. And the best part is that I didn't even cry this time while preparing. Usually, completing a lesson involves lots of stressing and fretting and hair-pulling and a few tears of desperation. (Yes, this calling stresses me out a little. Why do you ask?) But this time, it all went pretty smoothly. We'll see how Sunday goes. And thanks, Yaya, for being willing to read through it.

2. Some friends invited our family to Red Robin for dinner tonight. This is wonderful. This means I don't have to cook dinner. Or do the dishes. Or wipe the dinner up off the floor. Instead, I pay someone else to do all that. Win-win-win.

3. Andrea was invited to play at Abby and Emma's house this afternoon. For a variety of reasons which I will not bore you with, this is what she ended up wearing over to their house:

Pink shirt, white tiered skirt, brown gauchos. Awesome. I'm just glad to have good friends who have been there and understand.

On a separate note, there are now others besides my sister who read my blog. So far I think there are 3. This was exciting at first - 3 whole fans! - but now I'm not so sure. When it was just Yaya reading, no big deal. She already knows my deficiencies and therefore has low expectations for my blog. But now that other people are reading - even if it is just 3 - I feel all this pressure to create this amazingly clever blog that will *wow* people every single time they visit. So let me just say this up front: Keep your expectations low. Think words like "boring" and "pointless" and "rambling," and then you won't be disappointed :)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Emily...you are hilarious, and I love that we are more similar in our mothering and our attitudes than you think. I love your blog and I love your random thoughts. And if it makes you feel any better, I will keep my expectations low...or so you will think! I guess you will never know how much I enjoy reading your blog from my end of the computer screen:)