Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I got the blues...

So there's no good reason for it, but today has been kind of a downer day. It might have something to do with the 2 pieces of chocolate cake and innumerable jelly bellies I ate (I don't fall from sugar highs very gracefully).

Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I spent most of the day trying my darnedest to get my kids to "please be quiet and listen to what I'm saying and obey me the first time and be nice to your sister and don't use that tone of voice with me and why are you crying again and go put some pants on and please eat your dinner and don't throw it on the floor and if you get out of bed one more time I'm taking your books away and this time I mean it and please calm down and go to sleep!"

Or maybe it is because I had an appointment with an oral surgeon today who told me the procedure I will be undergoing could result in permanent facial paralysis. Whoa.

Or maybe it's because I haven't written my 3 positive experiences for that last couple of days, so I'm going to now, because I need a boost:

1. Andrea and I had a lunch date today. While Natalie was at her playdate with Olivia, I fixed Ethan lunch (cheesy quesadilla and a banana). While I did this, Andrea fixed lunch for me and her: Turkey sandwiches (with mustard, ranch, and pickles); strawberries (rinsed and de-leafed); and water (ice for her, no ice for me, which is how I like my water). She got the denim quilt and spread it out on the living room floor, and carried in the plates, glasses, and paper towels. I put Ethan down for a nap, and Andrea and I had a lovely time together. What a sweetheart!

2. I teach Relief Society on Sunday, and I feel oddly confident in the material that I'm presenting. I think this lesson could be a half-decent one. This is good, because the last few really stunk.

3. I'm wearing my favorite pants - they are grey, they are stretchy, they are long - I'm just glad that I don't have to be the one looking at me when I wear them, because WOOF!

4. Just to be extra positive today, my fourth positive experience was that in spite of the fact that I had to go to the oral surgeon, and in spite of the fact that my face may be permanently paralyzed, the receptionists, staff, and even the surgeon were extremely pleasant and had excellent bed-side manner. I appreciate that.

5. Oh, and I just remembered something else. When I came home from my appointment, my husband had cleaned up the house. Even if everything else in the world is falling apart, if my house is clean, I can be happy.

No comments: